The IT technology is advancing so fast that it is very easy for practitioners to lose in this mix of information. It has been demonstrated that traditional data storage methods no longer work because they are more expensive and therefore less manageable. Traditional methods require expensive equipment for a well functioning, as well as an expert team to install, configure and maintain them.
Cloud computing services have quickly become the largest revenue generator for today’s top software companies. Cloud solutions greatly reduce server, software, hosting, maintenance, or technical staff costs. Costs are lower because there are not enough resources to use. In addition, cloud applications benefit from automatic updating, so they will be safe, performance-packed, and will have new functionality without any effort from the user.
Cloud computing brings to the IT market three “weapons” designed to ease the storage of information. We review the main benefits that companies can benefit from.
Public Cloud – A service for customers sharing the same infrastructure
The most popular cloud computing model for many users is the public cloud model in which services are delivered in a virtualized environment. It is of great help to businesses because it can be accessed through a public network, such as the Internet. AWS and Microsoft also offer direct connection services called “AWS Direct Connect” and “Azure ExpressRoute”, respectively. Such connections require customers to buy or rent a private connection to a point of correspondence provided by the cloud provider. The public system offers the following features and benefits:
• Running Safety: The public cloud service can run smoothly even in the event of a device component failure by using the other components that make up the system.
• It’s flexible: by being ready to be accessed from any device on the Internet.
• Scalability: Whenever needed, the user may ask for a larger storage space. In addition, public cloud services often use pay-as-you-go pricing. Consumers can access the resources they need and then pay only for what they use.
• Good cost-effectiveness report: Most of the services are free, and some are paid after a certain period of use.
• Available in any location: Cloud data can be accessed from anywhere there is an internet connection.
• The public cloud is preferred by IT specialists for projects that do not involve rigorous requirements and huge amount of space, and is widely used in testing, software development, web hosting and e-commerce firms.
Private Cloud – involves a secure environment in which only the client can navigate
Organizations choose this method because they provide a higher level of control and security. It is good for companies to work with this option, especially if they want:
• High security and confidentiality: Private cloud services can provide a higher level of seclusion and security of operations.
• Cloud bursting: This service allows the vendor to change some basic functions on a public cloud to free up more space in the private cloud. Private cloud services can even be integrated with cloud computing, and hybrid cloud modules will be built to maximize efficiency.
• Reliability: Creating virtualized operating environments provides improved resilience to the physical problems of the device.
• Energy efficiency and cost: With scarce cost and resource management, the private cloud provides higher resource efficiency.
• More control: The private cloud, being accessible to a single organization, gives it the ability to configure and manage resources in line with its needs to get an adapted network solution.
• Private companies typically choose the private cloud, especially because they offer business applications, database processing systems, disaster recovery plan backups, and data rescue spaces.
The hybrid Cloud – uses both private and public cloud systems
The hybrid model helps to identify, create and develop new competitive advantages, capable of increasing business growth and overcoming competitors. The hybrid cloud is an integrated cloud model in that it uses both the private cloud and the public cloud, combining the advantages of the two: scaling and savings in public cloud costs and private cloud security.
The hybrid cloud model is an increasingly demanding solution, both by large companies that have already developed private cloud solutions already developed, and by medium and small businesses that do not have or want to invest resources in classical architectures IT. At the moment, the most common cloud computing services are e-mail and messaging. When cloud develops long enough, and companies will gain confidence in this technology, large firms will be the main targets of service providers of this kind. Accessing cloud-based applications on virtual servers is a simple idea but with a major impact on business.