Sometimes, to increase computer speed, you need to upgrade the hardware components to newer ones. Let’s take a few minutes to present to our readers a few ways how to increase the computer speed without changing any part on their computer.
1. Make sure that all the files you have on your desktop are in folders. Organizing your files into folders cleans up the desktop and also reduces the RAM usage of your computer. So the computer does not have to upload each icon separately, it loads only folders.
2. Older documents, photos, and videos that you seldom open should be stored on an external hard disk or cloud to free up your computer’s memory. This action improves your computer booting speed.
3. The available hard disk space must be at least 15% free for maximum performance. If the hard disk is almost full, you should delete some programs or files. If the hard disk has plenty of available space and your computer still goes slow, there may be something wrong with the operating system.
4. It is better to close the tabs you no longer use. The tabs open in your web browser consumes memory and limits the speed of your computer.
5. It is recommended to delete any unused programs such as the ones that come preinstalled with Windows because they consume memory and disk space by running background processes. However, this requires extra attention from your side, so you need to make sure you do not accidentally delete a program required to run other applications or your computer system files.
6. Remove temporary files. Temporary (history, cookie, cache) files occupy hard disk space. Release this space to speed up your computer speed.
7. Set off the automatic startup of programs when the computer is being turned on. Programs that launch and continue to run automatically consume plenty of memory. You can still open them at any time, but they will no longer consume the memory of the computer unnecessarily when they are not needed.
8. Shut down or restart your computer at least twice a week. When your computer is turned on, background programs and applications claim its memory. For refreshing the memory and updating the essential tools needed to maintain your computer, it is recommended to shut down your computer or restart it. This action also speeds up your computer’s speed.
9. Remove plugins or extensions you do not use. To increase the speed of your browser, uninstall the ones you no longer use.
10. Delete unused widgets or gadgets from the dashboard. To free up memory and increase computer speed, you can uninstall what is useless for you.
11. If the computer is warm to the touch, let it cool down. If the outdoor temperature is high or the computer is located in an area where it is poorly cooled, it is good to rearrange the number of fans to ensure a better cooling because hot computer systems lead to reduced computer speed.
12. Update your computer software. A software update is required because it corrects specific errors or bugs that may affect your computer’s performance. It is recommended that you check and install the latest updates.
These tips are easy to implement and will help speed up your computer, to make it fast and straightforward to use.